Monday, October 15, 2018

Still A Girl Who Needs Her Dad

Dearest Daddy,
I want to start by saying that I have never been the same the day you left us. 

Almost a year has passed and I still wake up weeping in the middle of the night, feeling that gaping hole in my heart. 

I miss you... your infectious laughter... your silent approval of everything I do... how you genuinely love and care for my Ej and my Edgar... seeing you sitting peacefully in your favorite side of the bed while watching your favorite Kapamilya shows...  talking to you while we are having that little chit chat over a cup of coffee, or during our weekend dates.

The list just goes on and on. There is not a day that I wish you were still with us. I still go home feeling those pangs of sadness and grief at the thought that you won't be there to welcome me home. 

Broken... that's who I have been and how I will always be for the rest of my life without you.  


Losing you has been my life's greatest tragedy. 

I am somehow amazed at our strength and courage as a family to get on with our lives the past year without you. 

Perhaps, it is still you up there guiding us and Mommy to move on with our lives, just like how you have moved on in the great beyond to live eternally with our Creator.

I love you Daddy. I will always be your favorite little girl, and you will forever be my favorite superhero. 



No comments:

Post a Comment