Friday, May 7, 2010

A Mother's Love

I just came across a heartwarming email from a friend who quoted the note of Erma Bombeck about A mother's Love which I want to share with you - just in time for Mother's Day this coming Sunday.

A mother's love is as big as a house, deep as an ocean, constant as the stars.
A mother's love is all encompassing, all knowing and all forgiving.
It is home. And yet as big as it is, a mother's love remembers all the details
and knows the littlest things can be the most important ---
like how much chocolate should be mixed with milk, when to offer advice and when to be still,
and just the right squeezing that makes the perfect hug.
From the biggest moments down to the sweetest nothings,
a mother's heart stands at the ready to comfort, encourage, inspire, protect, and most of all, love.
Mother's LOVE shows us the way.
Mother's COURAGE can move mountains.
Mother's WISDOM holds you close.
It is not until you become a mother that your judgment
slowly turns to compassion and understanding.
To my dearest Mother - the most perfect gift of a mom to us three - happy mother's day.
To my friends who make this world a much better place with their unfaltering mothering ways to their kids - happy mother's day.
To my husband, Edgar, who made me a mother to a wonderful, special kid in my only son EJ, thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment